There is a fitness and examination programme taking place on Saturday 24th April and Saturday 1 May 2021 at SACS Junior School in Newlands. Please read the document for more information. Fitness and Exam Programme 2021 ...
Welcome to the WP Refs Society Website
The Western Province Rugby Referees’ Society is an affiliate of the Western Province Rugby Union. It is responsible for the recruitment, training, grading and appointment of referees to all sanctioned games in the Province, primarily at club level but also to school games where possible.
Become a Referee
Take our quiz
We refer to communication received by SA Rugby, whereby SA Rugby has granted permission for players to return to the field in April 2021. Schools’ rugby players, meanwhile, may resume contact training for four weeks – following six weeks of non-contact training – with...
It is our vision to SUPPORT the DEVELOPMENT of referees of WORLD STANDARD that are willing to serve rugby at all levels in Western Province, South Africa and in World Rugby.
To achieve our vision, we believe that we need to be successful at the following:
– Building a working relationship with Western Province Rugby Football Union (WPRFU)and the South African Rugby Referees’ Society (SARRA) based on trust and mutual respect.
– Developing referees at all levels in the Society that are equitably representative of the rugby-playing public in Western Province and South Africa.
– Providing training and development programmes and referees’ coaches of worldstandard.
– Providing opportunities that will equip sufficient referees to deliver an effective service at all levels.
– Ensuring that all referees have thorough knowledge of rugby laws and meet the fitness requirements.
– Delivering efficient and well-maintained business and financial systems.
– Organising systematic and well-planned appointments of referees to all games in Western Province Rugby.
– Meaningful recommendations to SARRA regarding laws and changes to laws that can improve the game of rugby.
We believe in the following values:
ACCOUNTABILITY: We are accountable and responsible in everything we do.
TRUSTWORTHTY: We can be trusted that we will always act with integrity and honesty at all times.
MUTUAL RESPECT: We will treat every person with respect and human dignity.
TRUTH TELLING: We will be transparent and honest in our communications, in order to reach a mutual understanding with people we encounter.
PROFESSIONALISM: We will always be highly motivated in everything we do and act with dignity and respect of our profession.
TOTAL COMMITMENT: We will be loyal and committed to our members and rugby as a whole